We’ve listed some of the resources that have helped inform and inspire our approach, as well as a few others to help you explore some of the current thinking around best practices in the world of education.
- The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined, by Salman Khan
- The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything, by Sir Ken Robinson
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol S. Dweck
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder, by Richard Louv
- How a Radical New Teaching Method Could Unleash a Generation of Geniuses, by Joshua Davis
- Creating Innovators, by Erica Swallow
- It's Time to Rethink How We Are Educating Our Children, by Benjamin Stecher
- Lessons Learned From Great Schools Around the World, by Will Minton
- The Founder of Khan Academy on How to Blend the Virtual with the Physical, by Salman Khan
- Student Centered Learning: Math in the Blended Learning Environment, by Kaylie Reed
- The Secret to Raising Smart Kids, by Carol S. Dweck
- Let Children Take Risks, by Lenore Skenazy
Imagine If We Invented School Today
A short animation on reimagining school.
Get Hooked on Nature
Ben Klasky proposes a free and natural remedy to the physical problems kids face: the Great Outdoors.
Grit: the power of passion and perseverance
In this TED talk, Angela Lee Duckworth explains her theory of "grit" as a predictor of success.
Do Schools Kill Creativity?
A TED talk by Sir Ken Robinson, emphasizing the importance of creativity in education.
Let's teach for mastery - not test scores
A TED talk by Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy.