Have Questions? We have Answers!
- We chose the name Summit School because we wanted to describe a place where our children can reach their highest potential. A name that also evokes the idea that climbing to the peak of who they can be takes work, and grit. That Life and Learning are an adventure, and it’s the adventure of each of our lifetimes. Life isn’t linear, and we all go through challenges and transitions as we journey to the summit of our personal mountains. The name Summit School reminds us that God always has new summits for us to reach, new victories, possibilities, and horizons.
- We’re accepting applications for students from 2 years through 5th grade.
- We have a 1:15 student:teacher ratio for grades 1-5.
Summit School's new campus is located on 35 acres at 3701 Mockingbird Ln, Lorena, TX, 76655.
- PreK-5th runs ten months a year, with six week long “sprints” followed by a week off. Families love the balance between school and family time.
- Seedlings Studio (2's-3's) has a slightly modified calendar as they run through the summer.
- For summer break, we take seven weeks off.
- Tuition for the 2023-24 Academic Year is $8,760 per year for Pre-K - 5th grade and $10,800 per year for 2 years - 3 years.
- Click here to view our current school calendar.
- We believe that each of our students is uniquely made, and it’s our job to help them find a God-given passion (in this case, something that they love and have a gift to do). We believe that there are so many great needs to be filled, and that everyone can use their passions to make the world a better place.
- We also believe that each student has their own path to serving the people around them! Maybe they become a shoe-shiner who tells stories and makes people's day just by doing his job with love and vigor; it may be by becoming a coach who sees the light in a child’s eyes and guides her to pursue a dream; it may be by becoming a father or mother who leads their family to fulfill God's purpose for their lives; it may be becoming an entrepreneur or business leader guided by compassion and integrity; or it may be by becoming an artist or writer who brings beauty to people's lives.
- We believe there are endless possibilities for students to discover how they can make a difference in the lives around them.
We’re currently in the process of accreditation through COGNIA.
- We ARE. We believe that school should be a safe space to explore the big questions of life, and we don’t have all the answers. But our founders and staff love Jesus, and we’ve structured our learning environment to help our students explore and develop a Christian worldview. That said, while we’ve made a conscious choice to ground our school in Christian principles, we’re not a school of theology. We value and respect each individual's beliefs, and all are welcome. Our goal is not for Summit to be a dogmatic experience, but instead an environment where students can meaningfully explore academics AND faith in Jesus.
- We are not trained or staffed to serve children with serious learning disabilities, special needs, or who need specialized attention. If you are interested in Summit School and believe it is a great fit for your family, please inquire and we will personally assess your unique situation and the fit of your young learner.
Why Is Summit Faith Based AND An Independent Learner School?
Summit is focused on being a school that helps each student explore the Christian worldview while remaining focused on their individual educational journey. Our founder, Kristina Baucom, shares why she had a change of heart in turning Summit into a faith-based school…