Have Questions? We have Answers!
- We chose the name Summit School because we wanted to describe a place where our children can reach their highest potential. A name that also evokes the idea that climbing to the peak of who they can be takes work, and grit. That Life and Learning are an adventure, and it’s the adventure of each of our lifetimes. Life isn’t linear, and we all go through challenges and transitions as we journey to the summit of our personal mountains. The name Summit School reminds us that God always has new summits for us to reach, new victories, possibilities, and horizons.
- We’re accepting applications for students from 18 months through 5th grade.
- We have a 1:15 student:teacher ratio for grades K-5
Summit School's campus is located on 35 acres at 3701 Mockingbird Ln, Lorena, TX, 76655.
- Effective the 24/25 School Year, Summit School offers a free bus service to families that are outside of a 10 mile radius of campus. This service is limited due to capacity. Please contact administration during the admissions process if this is needed for your family.
- PreK-5th runs ten months a year.
- Seedlings Studio (18 months-3's) has a slightly modified calendar as you have the option for summer care.
- Click here to view our current school calendar.
- We do! Effective the 24/25 School Year, Summit School offers a free bus service to families that are outside of a 10 mile radius of campus. This service is limited due to capacity. Please contact administration during the admissions process if this is needed for your family.
Summit School is a Candidate for Accreditation with NCA CASI, NWAC and SACS CASI.
- We ARE. We believe that school should be a safe space to explore the big questions of life, and we don’t have all the answers. But our founders and staff love Jesus, and we’ve structured our learning environment to help our students explore and develop a Christian worldview. That said, while we’ve made a conscious choice to ground our school in Christian principles, we’re not a school of theology. We value and respect each individual's beliefs, and all are welcome. Our goal is not for Summit to be a dogmatic experience, but instead an environment where students can meaningfully explore academics AND faith in Jesus.
- We are not trained or staffed to serve children with serious learning disabilities, special needs, or who need specialized attention. If you are interested in Summit School and believe it is a great fit for your family, please inquire and we will personally assess your unique situation and the fit of your young learner.
To start, we have 35 acres at our disposal. That means our classroom is not confined to the four walls of a building. Our learners are outside for at least an hour a half each day, rain or shine. Our students focus on project based learning, as well as what we call Forest School. Many days you will find our students getting muddy in the creek and making real world connections. Like life, we embrace the messiness of learning.