A Faith-filled modern School
Summit School Helps Your Kids Fulfill Their God-Given Potential
Grounded in God
The Skills to Succeed
Tailored for Each Child
School should let children safely explore life’s Big Questions.
Traditional education methods can’t teach the modern skills students need, while secular schooling doesn’t make space for God at all. Parents can feel stuck choosing the right option. At Summit School, each child gets a personalized plan to develop a Christ-centered worldview along with the skills they need to excel in our modern world.
Now you can help your child reach their God-given potential.
"The team at Summit School is outstanding. Kristina and the guides are very supportive and always thoroughly prepared. They are unwavering in their commitment to our students and families. We couldn't be happier to be a part of the community."
— CRISTI M.
"We have been at Summit School since it started. Our heroes absolutely love it here and look forward to going to school every day. The environment and culture of Summit School has a special way of bringing out the best in them, and one of those qualities adaptability. With the Covid-19 situation, both the school and our girls have done a remarkable job at transitioning from in-school to remote learning. We are so grateful to be connected to such stellar place of learning, both academically and practical life."
— JOSH C.
"Summit School has been such a blessing for our son and family. We were anxious how our son would fair in a traditional school setting and feared a loss in his creativity and general spirit. Summit School and their staff have been the absolute best fit for him. He has the opportunity to learn at his pace and focus on what he is eager to explore while being guided to a well rounded education."
— CHRISTIE F.
"Summit School is the kind of school I wish I had when I was a kid!!! Focused on learning to learn, learning to do real stuff, and learning to be, Summit School empowers students to take ownership of their education and find a calling that changes the world. By the way, the campus is gorgeous - the perfect backdrop to such a unique and powerful learning experience. Your kid's gonna love it here - it's like nothing else in the area!"
— ANGELA G.
"We love Summit School and can't stop telling anyone who will listen about our experience in discovering Summit. Our son is thriving in a way he never has in school. The philosophy behind Summit School as a student-driven learning environment is proving to be a great fit for him, and the intentionality of fostering curiosity and independence is preparing him for the real world in a way traditional education can't."
— CHRIS M.
The 6 Core Values of Summit
We believe children are innately curious, and need a learning environment that cultivates their curiosity. Summit is focused to create an environment where creativity is the fuel for learning.
With purpose and Godly character, we believe our students will grow into their callings and change the world. We help them develop honesty, hard work, responsibility, kindness, and empathy.
We believe in lifelong learning. Using Socratic discussion, Summit learners practice critical thinking, collaboration, and emotional intelligence, as they keep growing into the best version of themselves.
We believe children learn best on their own pathway. We encourage our learners to take responsibility for their own learning, think independently, and embrace challenges along the way.
Our learners set and meet their own individual learning goals. By taking responsibility, working hard, and leaning into teamwork, they are empowered to be the type of leaders our world is crying out for.
We believe we’re a part of a bigger community, a like-minded tribe aligned around God’s purposes. We don’t have all the answers, but children, parents, and staff all have important parts to play.
3 Ways Your Child Will Develop at Summit
They'll master reading, writing, and math at their own pace, through deliberate practice and engaging real world projects.
They’ll develop grit and character, uncover their unique gifting, and create genuine community with other students.
They’ll learn critical thinking and powerful communication skills through Socratic discussions on topics ranging from history to faith.
Want to know what Summit can do for your child?
At Summit, we call our classrooms "Studios", because our students are constantly moving, exploring, and getting their hands on different activities. Discover how our learning design helps children reach their God-given potential.
18mo - 3yr
Explore and Grow in a
Safe and Loving Environment
Pre-K - Kindergarten
Have Fun Doing It!
1st - 2nd Grade
Set Your Own Goals.
Ask Great Questions.
Develop Real World Skills.
Explore Through Learning.
5th - 7th Grade
Develop Real World Skills
Explore Through Learning
Have Questions? We have Answers!
- We chose the name Summit School because we wanted to describe a place where our children can reach their highest potential. A name that also evokes the idea that climbing to the peak of who they can be takes work, and grit. That Life and Learning are an adventure, and it’s the adventure of each of our lifetimes. Life isn’t linear, and we all go through challenges and transitions as we journey to the summit of our personal mountains. The name Summit School reminds us that God always has new summits for us to reach, new victories, possibilities, and horizons.
- We’re accepting applications for students from 18 months through 7th grade.
- Our high school will be opening in the fall of 2024.
- We have a 1:15 student:teacher ratio for grades 1-7.
Summit School's new campus is located on 35 acres at 3701 Mockingbird Ln, Lorena, TX, 76655.
- Summit School runs ten months a year, with six week long “sprints” followed by a week off. Families love the balance between school and family time.
- For summer break, we take seven weeks off.
- Tuition costs $8,280 per year for Pre-K - 7th grade, and $10,800 per year for 18 mo - 3 years.
- Click here to view our current school calendar.
- We believe that each of our students is uniquely made, and it’s our job to help them find a God-given passion (in this case, something that they love and have a gift to do). We believe that there are so many great needs to be filled, and that everyone can use their passions to make the world a better place.
- We also believe that each student has their own path to serving the people around them! Maybe they become a shoe-shiner who tells stories and makes people's day just by doing his job with love and vigor; it may be by becoming a coach who sees the light in a child’s eyes and guides her to pursue a dream; it may be by becoming a father or mother who leads their family to fulfill God's purpose for their lives; it may be becoming an entrepreneur or business leader guided by compassion and integrity; or it may be by becoming an artist or writer who brings beauty to people's lives.
- We believe there are endless possibilities for students to discover how they can make a difference in the lives around them.
We’re currently in the process of accreditation through COGNIA.
- We ARE. We believe that school should be a safe space to explore the big questions of life, and we don’t have all the answers. But our founders and staff love Jesus, and we’ve structured our learning environment to help our students explore and develop a Christian worldview. That said, while we’ve made a conscious choice to ground our school in Christian principles, we’re not a school of theology. We value and respect each individual's beliefs, and all are welcome. Our goal is not for Summit to be a dogmatic experience, but instead an environment where students can meaningfully explore academics AND faith in Jesus.
- We are not trained or staffed to serve children with serious learning disabilities, special needs, or who need specialized attention. If you are interested in Summit School and believe it is a great fit for your family, please inquire and we will personally assess your unique situation and the fit of your young learner.
Why Is Summit Faith Based AND An Independent Learner School?
Summit is focused on being a school that helps each student explore the Christian worldview while remaining focused on their individual educational journey. Our founder, Kristina Baucom, shares why she had a change of heart in turning Summit into a faith-based school…